Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Oh yeah. OH yeah! OH YEAH!



Do you remember that commercial for Koolaid where the picture of ice-cold cherry koolaid comes bursting through the paper wall at the end, saying, "OH YEAH!" That's pretty much how I'm feelin' right now. Folks, I have some outstanding news: Lady X has begun to clean shop and there will be no additional radiation therapy at this time!!

Ok the details: there were two new spots as of my last test (which, by the way, was just 3 WEEKS AGO). One was in the muscle tissue around a rib behind my right breast; the other was a little lower than the previous spot (about the base of my sternum). The spot that was in the muscle had moderate uptake on the PET scan; the central spot had low uptake. Well, as of a test today, the "muscle" spot is gone. G-O-N-E. And the central spot is further decreased in size and even LESS uptake than was there. In other words, my docs are now thinking that the GvH/GvD is finally kicking in! In which case, they have decided (and I heartily agree) that there is no reason why I should have radiation therapy at this time. We are going to keep an eye on it and hope that the GvD takes care of the rest of it.

O happy day! I'm so psyched that I *actually* contemplated a little dancing gif!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacy,
That is really good news! You should *definitely* put a happy dance on your blog! Looks like we both have things to celebrate this week.
Laurie

http://laurie57.livejournal.com/

thefeather said...

Hee hee! Thanks, Laurie! As tempting as it is to put the dancing gif, I know I would always feel shame about contributing to a web design taboo. Maybe I'll save that for day +365 -- a little 0-calorie reward. ;-)