Monday, July 10, 2006

Breathing with one hand to my mouth, in shock...


Part of the whole Pittsburgh All-Stars Project was a press conference/artist's reception with Pittsburgh Mayor Bob O'Connor, on Wednesday of last week. I attended it as there didn't seem there would be too many people there. However the next day, I thought I may have put myself in jeopardy, because Ralph told me that the mayor had checked himself into the hospital with flu-like symptoms. Of course, I had just shaken his hand the day before. Then there was word that he actually had an ulcer, was treated, and released. Today however, there was a different story.

And the sad thing is, I know his treating physician. He's a good and very intelligent doctor (if I couldn't see Dr. Lister, I would have been with him: Dr. Stanley Marks). I say it's a sad thing not because his doctor is Marks, but because I have such knowledge about the hematology oncologists in Pittsburgh.

I can't help but feel...I don't know. Sad? Angry? Scared? What is going on? What's with the lymphoma in Pennsylvania? Pennsylvania Senator, Arlen Spector was also hit (last year). Is it just a coincidence? I don't know, but I can't help feel like I have to get the hell out of here.

No comments: