Friday, July 14, 2006

In case you are curious...

I got another letter from my donor. I actually got it about a month ago, but I didn't think to post the info here until today. She wrote:

"May 13, 2006
Hello Donee,
I received an update today that said you were doing well--which is great news--that makes me happy! I love to hear updates + hope that some day I will get to meet you.

Thank you for the letter with some additional information. It was nice to get to "know" you a little better. It sounds like you are really creative. The most creative thing I can do is crochet + only basic thing like the scarf I made you--I would love to have more time to knit, crochet + sew--but life does not leave much idle time. I also had no idea who Friday Kahlo was--had to look her up on the internet. Very interesting person.

Here are a few details about myself that I think I can disclose: I am 32, almost 33 (yikes!) female. I have been married for almost 12 years--yes, married young to my college sweetheart. He's a great person + manages to keep me sane + have a gentle heart. I have one son who is 8. I adore him. He is a wonderful little boy who makes me proud every day. He keeps us very busy.

My profession is all in the accounting/finance world. I currently am an internal auditor for a large company. This job keeps me very busy + I travel about 50% of the time. This Sunday, I leave for the UK + Sweden--something you would probably enjoy. Most of my travel is domestic. While I enjoy the job, at times I miss home.

In my spare time, I enjoy running--mostly to chat with my large group of running friends, all women--biking, swimming, rock climbing, hiking, etc. I love the outdoors--although I'm am a fair weather camper! In my previous life/profession, I was in sports management, so I guess you could say that is my passion--not the finance world--but the finance world pays the mortage!

I hope this letter finds you well + I hope to hear from you.
I think of you often + pray for you.
Until next time--
Hugs, Yar Donor."

No comments: