Sunday, March 05, 2006

"Sub Rosa"


Finally. Yesterday I finally got back in front of the easel--the last time being sometime in January. It was just an hour or so, but I FINALLY managed to put the finishing touches on this painting. The majority of this painting has been done since October, but I wasn't quite satisfied with the final layout. It was missing something. While in the hospital, I was reading the Da Vinci Code and it gave me the idea for the roses. Not a flower I would have normally flocked to, but given the Mexican nature of the painting and what was going on under the roses, it seemed to be exactly what I was looking for.

The photography is a little wonky again (because it's just me taking it here in the apartment) but I am just so happy to have finished it that I wanted to post it sooner. I'll update the image as soon as I have a better quality one!

No comments: