Saturday, June 16, 2007

Back in the hospital again

On June 11th, I had a low-grade fever again, and the docs decided to take me back into the hospital. It's not as bad as it sounds, but I'm still not home yet (and I won't be) for a few more days still. They are treating me for one fungal infection and one bacterial infection. Most of the meds are IV administered, which is why I need to stay here for now. They anticipate that I'll be out on Friday (the 22nd). Fingers crossed.

By the way, remember that field image that I typed about earlier? I finished the sketch of it and here it is. It's still not entirely the way that I want it to look, but at least you all can see an idea of what I want to be producing--and the closest thing that I feel I have produced that is "my voice."

2 comments:

cmk said...

I love this painting! Thinking about you -- hope that you are home from the hospital soon. :)

thefeather said...

Thanks Cynthia! This one is actually a painting on paper. I'm going to be producing more of these fields on paper as well as on canvas. I still feel like I haven't fully mastered the "feeling" that I wanted to convey in it. It's funny, too, that the more I sketch it out, the more variations on it that I think I want to try. ;-) !