Saturday, November 04, 2006

Sunday Morning

I know it's Saturday morning that I'm posting this, but the title of this post isn't in reference to today, it's in reference to my latest painting. This one is also for the show in March, which now has a title of "Angles." The main subject of the painting is actually my grandmother. I chose her for a subject, not just because I wanted to document this woman in my family, but because I'm trying to represent the many roles of women for this show: mothers, friends, relatives, lovers, as well as self. Through the paintings of these women, I'm hoping to address such issues as beauty (quest for and question of), aging, sexuality, fertility, strength (physical vs. emotional), motherhood, and health.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a really well done picture of your grandmother. I'm glad to hear you are still fighting the good fight. I hope you will be successful all my thoughts and prayers will be with you. Last time I saw you, you were the Gap Girl, so good luck and keep it up I know you have the strength in you

:)