Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Cheers!

I've been working on it, and yesterday and today seem like they are finally showing something of an improvement for my breathing. I'm always hesitant to say that I'm having better breathing. I'm afraid to jinx the good fortune. But there are days like today and yesterday, when I finally feel something good, something stronger, something a little closer to life, and I can't help but want to share it with you. It's these moments when I feel like it's possible to live again and that my life is still worth fighting for.

This illness/battle/or whatever you want to call it, has truly been a test of my spirit. It has pushed me to the very, absolute end of my patience and my strength. The physical trials have been--and are--quite substantial, but it's the mental test of courage, strength, perseverance, and complete determination that have been particularly insane. I have learned a lot. About myself. About others. About life.

One of those things that I have learned, is that when something is going well, you've got to celebrate, because you never know what's around the corner. So, here's to a great beginning to a better, stronger, healthier, happier new year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your last paragraph needs an "amen". So...Amen!!! To a wonderful 2008 for you and Ralph!

Love you..Joannie

Unknown said...

Dios Mio!!!Como la recorde ,no se porque?O mejor ahora se ...La conoci en las reuniones que hacen los jovenes y me parecio una nina ,realmente hermosa,mas tarde la volvi a encontrar y supe que estaba enferma..luego la vi unas dos veces mas y me quede maravillafda de su capacidad de soportar su enfermedad y para sorprenderme supe que se habia casado..y me gusto la noticia ,la salude con carino y con mucho respeto de vez en cuando la recordaba y deseaba saludarla pero nunca lo hice por que no tenia su nuevo telefono...hoy al saber la noticia de su partida me he quedado pensandola y he sentido un vacio!!!!!11 Elvia