Thursday, August 30, 2007

CATARACTS!

Holy Bajolllllbie!! I went to the eye doctor yesterday to get an eye check up. I'd been having a lot of conrast in my vision as well as a kind of blind spot effect. The wierd thing was that the blind spot didn't seem to stay in one place, so I wasn't that certain that there was one. (Does that make sense?) In anycase the doc took a look at me yesterday and announced that I have cataracts in both eyes and they will have to operate. On two separate occasions. They like to give one eye time to heal up before going in for the other. Here we go again!! ;-) I know that the surgery itself should be fine--they usually make sure that you are pretty darn sedated....it's just the thinking about it that gives me the willies.

He says that afterwards, my vision may be better than before the cataracts, but I'll probably need bifocals. He offered to change my vision from near sighted to far sighted, but I declined and instead asked for x-ray vision...no dice. Can I at least stream the internet in there?

No comments: