Sunday, September 10, 2006

Introducing...

This month, I have finally gotten around to changing my name. I've been meaning to do this for the past year (since the wedding), but for one reason or another, it never seemed like a good time. I decided to do it now, because 1) I realized that it's never going to be extremely convenient to change a name, and 2) I have been scheduled for a gallery show in March 2007 using this new name! That's right, in March of 2007, I will be have gallery show with local painter, Joana Ricou. We are still settling the details of the exhibit, but the paintings will have to do with women. Women painting women. I have started producing some paintings for this...here is the first:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacy:
I really like the woman sitting on the bench. It is interesting the way you do not include detail of her whole head and one foot. It is like I am looking through a window. The colors are warm and a subtle bright. Very nice. Hope your breathng and tear duct are mending.
Jerry and Rae

thefeather said...

Hey Jerry + Rae,
Thank you for your comments and keeping up with my recent work. It's very helpful to get outside impressions of the pieces that I'm working on.

There's more exciting stuff on the way...
-S